Friday, April 1, 2011

Thursday night dinner!

Quick! Let's throw something together! Matt and Jackie came over for dinner and so I made this up. I'm glad it turned out great.



Especially with Simon and Garfunkel on vinyl :)



I started with some stir-fry steak that I had bought that just looked like a good idea. I was not sure what to do with it tonight because Jackie is not a fan of Asian food so actual stir-fry was out.



Pseudo stir-fry:
-3 heads of broccoli, put in fry pan with 3 TBS of olive oil and a 1/2 cup water (enough to cover bottom of pan), cover, and steam until brightest green and remove cover
-Add more oil if needed
-Add 1 sweet onion, diced and
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-Add 1 tsp Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste
-Once sauteed, add meat and allow warm veggies to cook it (not too much-medium-rare)
-Once meat is cooked reduce heat and add 1 cup of non-dairy milk and 1 cup of Daiya cheddar cheese.
-Let ingredients simmer. Sauce should thicken and cheese melt.



I loved help in the kitchen. Thanks Matt!



I was craving sweet potatoes. Yum!



Ingredients:
-one large sweet potato
-olive oil
-oregano
-salt and pepper
I wanted them quick so they weren't quite cooked right. They needed 30 minutes in oven at 350 degrees. I cooked them for 10 minutes and then broiled them to crisp them up quick. :)



Sweet potato 'fries'



Spinach salad with carrot, red onion, and Briana's Strawberry Vinaigrette (Gramma's idea)



This was kind of the first meal where company and I sat and ate at the table.



What a special night. Looking forward to more! Come on over.

No comments:

Post a Comment