Tuesday, November 16, 2010

GFEFDF Postickers!

I will say I was very nervous about this. About half way through doing it, I was insistent that it was an instant failure. Only to be proven wrong! They turned out fantastic! I served them to Mom, Rich and Ivan. Ivan even 'forgot' that they were actually allergy-free and all reported they tasted great! The wrappers were doughy when cooked, more bread-y than noodle-y. The filling was very tasty. Next time I won't forget the garlic!

Filling ingredients:
-Napa cabbage, chopped
-Green onion, chopped
-Mushroom, chopped
-Water chestnuts, chopped
-Carrot, chopped
-Ginger root, minced (I use a zester)
-1 Tbs Bragg's Amino 'soy' sauce-Normal soy sauce has wheat in it
-White pepper (desired amount)
-1/2 lb. ground pork sausage





Wrappers. It was very tricky to these make gluten-free and egg-free. I used a recipe from another blog called Li Loved David. It worked great! I of course have a hard time following it and should have done a better job. As I have issues with this I recommend using the original recipe if you attempt it.

Ingredients:
2 cups brown rice flour
2 tsp. xanthum gum
pinch of salt
3/4 cup hot water

I did not roll it out prior to letting it sit. It was a bit flaky and falling apart. Rolling out and then letting it sit makes sense. I wish I had a mini-rolling pin, it's pretty tough dough and needs some elbow grease. I also had issues with sticky dough so I used wax paper via Momma's suggestion. My coffee cup rolling pin was sufficient enough.







They didn't take long to fry up-even the meat one's were cooked all the way through. Ran out of wrappers because they were so thick and just threw the leftover filling in the frying pan. Yum yum yum.



This recipe was tried out with the Book of Yum adopt a blog post in mind.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I've been dying to give homemade pot stickers a try. :)

    ReplyDelete