Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Delicious (Poinsonous) Spaghetti Sauce!

So here is the spaghetti that posioned me. It ought not to poison you, unless we have more in common than you think. I've made some version of it as long as I can remember and never thought it anything special until I was cooking with college friends. ;) Housemate, Marie and I whipped this up Monday night.

Homemade Spaghetti
-2Tbs olive oil
-1-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 sweet/white onion, chopped
-1-2 medium zuchinni
-8 (?) mushrooms
-2 cans of diced tomatoes, no seasoning, no salt added
-1 can tomato paste
-1/2-1 cup red wine (preferably merlot)
-Italian seasoning: oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil
-1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (important, and I always wish there was more)
-salt and black pepper to taste

Well, I don't really write down my recipes or directions so here's a list of ingredients and photos which, are way better anyways. I assume you can figure it out.















Letting it sit is important. Especially with the wine, especially if you want to serve it to kiddos.

Quinoa pasta is pretty much fantastic. It's tough, kind of tastes like it's 'not done' al dente, but it is. I think it's bit corny (ha) and it's yellow but great for scetty and pasta salads. Cools well.





Salad
-Spinach
-Red onion
-Walnuts (broiled, or slightly burnt in my case)
-Brianna's strawberry vinaigrette (first suggested to me by Gramma)





Mmmm!



What a fantastic feast! Go housemates!

No comments:

Post a Comment