Saturday, October 16, 2010

Trying out new delicious-ness!

I wanted to whip up Gypsy Soup but, feeling ill, it just didn't happen. So after home-roasting some garlic and peppers. I made roasted red pepper hummus (never made it before) and curried tuna salad (never had it before). Mama picked me up a gluten-free vegan sourdough loaf from New Cascadia Bakery. Awesome!










Dig in! Great combo!

Roasted Red Peppers
Why don't I do this everyday! OH it was so good!
For beginners: try not to make the smoke detectors go off. When they say watch the peppers like a hawk they mean it. Let's just say I had issues with that. Here's a great tutorial with lots of photos. Garlic was simple, mainly because I have a garlic roaster from momma. But here's a tutorial using a muffin tin instead, again with lots of photos.

Curried Tuna Salad
1 6- ounce can of tuna, drained and flaked
1 large. or 2 small ribs of celery, diced
1 Tablespoon chopped onion
3 teaspoons curry powder
3- 4 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Apparently: chilling for 1- 2 hours is strongly recommended, to allow the curry powder to interact with the other ingredients-leftovers might be better than. Enjoy.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, started with this recipeone can chickpeas (drained and rinsed if using canned)
1 roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped
1 head garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
sea salt

I added 2 TBS water because I ran out of EVOO :(
Directions: food process, eat and then eat more.

2 comments:

  1. How about that creepy knife eh? Didn't realized it looked so bad till now... I'm leaving it on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sorry you're feeling sicke :(

    ReplyDelete