Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More cookin' with BACON

Monday night I made Gypsy Soup, a recipe my sister passed on. It's sooo delicious and spicy: cinnamon, cayenne, basil, bay leaf, paprika, etc. I had my folks over to eat it with me.
Soup in the makin:



That night I mixed up a Bob's Red Mill yellow cake which was fairly decent. I used 1 flax egg and 2 Ener-G eggs which was good (vs. 3 flax eggs-would have been tough). It was a pretty... doughy cake and was tricky to spread in a 9x13 but, it rose well. My housemate Marie whipped up some DELICIOUS vegan frosting with, a stick of vegan butter (expensive margarine), cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla. It was thick and fantastic after being used to powdered sugar icing. Photos turned out fuzzy-it's not much to look at anyways. :)

Here is my epic BLTA today. I could eat this three times a day. It's epic because I realized I'm a social bacon eater, meaning I don't cook it at home but will happily eat it else where. I think it's in part to the fact that I currently live with 5 vegetarians and I'm very considerate. Today though-you could feel the grease in the house (with apologies). It was made with my special bread, vegan mayo, BACON, spinach, Gramma's tomatos, and avocado. Mmmm!



Unfortunately, avocados are getting lame, I wish I knew someone who would ship them to me from Miami. Later today I was making chicken and noticed I had left the bacon-greased frying pan on the stove on accident. So... yes, I threw my chicken breast and veggies right on in it and it was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment