Gluten Free Flatbread Recipe
1 c. brown rice flour (maybe 1/2 potato flour and 1/2 all purpose)
1/2 c. corn starch
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. xanthan gum
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. water
1 tsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. canola
2 eggs (or flax eggs)
1. Mix all dry ingredients in medium size bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Spread half of batter evenly into each pan. Use the back of a wet spoon if the dough is sticky.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes, or until bread pulls away from the sides of the pans.
Substitution Notes: Tapioca starch or potato starch can be substituted for the corn starch. Flax eggs are 1 Tbsp ground flax seed + 3 Tbsp. water.
Roasted Garlic! Yum!
Roasted Red Pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to BROIL. Cover the pepper in olive oil, I use my hand and swirl it in a bowl
2. Place on a cookie sheet
3. Use tongs and oven mitts to pull the rack out and turn the pepper. Keep your eyes on it! Don't leave this unattended.
4. Hmmm watch out for the parchment paper, use foil!
5. Important step: place the pepper back in the oiled bowl and cover with saran wrap so it can steam.
-2 cans garbanzo beans, drained and juice SAVED
-1 roasted garlic head, skinned
-1 roasted red pepper, seeded and chopped
-1/2 a lemon, juiced
-Salt to taste
-2 TBS olive oil
-Garbanzo bean juice if more liquid is needed
-Paprika to garnish
YUM! Great eats!