1 butternut squash peeled, brushed with olive oil and roasted 30 min
4 cloves of garlic (we like garlic)
2 TBS earth balance buttery spread/butter
2 shallots, chopped
1 zuchinni, chopped
4 cups gluten free chicken broth
3 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp curry
1 tsp oregano
pinch of whole coriander seeds
Toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Cut the butternut squash length wise and peel. Brush with olive oil and put in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Chop up as best you can, it will be blended later so no need to be perfect.
2. In a stock pot, add butter and turn heat to medium. Saute the shallots, zucchini, and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add butternut squash, salt and pepper, cumin, curry and oregano.
5. Allow to boil for 15-20 minutes and then blend using immersion blender.
6. Our soup needed another 20+ minutes to simmer after this. It needed this time to thicken up and get even tastier.
7. For garnish I added a dollop of almond cream and some fried proscuitto and pumpkin seeds.