One of the many cravings in gluten free diet. Onion rings! A great way to get a non-greased onion ring is with the oven-baked method. Less messy and more healthy. I used Glutino's gluten free bread crumbs which is made from milled corn. They turned out great and I can't wait to do it again. Inspired by the Wooden Nest's recipe for oven baked onion rings. Thanks Lindsay!
-Big, round onion
-Brown rice flour
-Egg (or dairy free milk)
-Glutino's GF Bread Crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remember for onion rings you cut the onion the wrong way. Instead of cutting from top to root you'll slice it through the middle. Cut onion to desired thickness. The thicker the onion the longer it will need to cook.
3. Coat the onions in brown rice flour. I used the ziplock-bag-shake method.
4. Set up your station: once floured, dip in egg or milk, coat with bread crumbs and set on parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15-20 min they start looking nice and crunchy.
6. Enjoy with fry sauce. :)