Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bad idea...

So last week was my friend Christopher's birthday which, as tradition for four years means I make him a whole batch of cookies. They were not made allergy free and the task was more daunting than I thought. Nannying and cooking for the kiddos got me used to the idea of cooking without munching but it's SO hard with the family cookie recipe: oatmeal chocolate chip. Inquire for amazing recipe.



I made it through but was nearly driven insane by the lingering smell of baked cookies with butter and eggs. So I ventured to New Cascadia Traditional Gluten Free Bakery AGAIN on my way home from a 12 hour night shift. Look at this awesome breakfast:



Multigrain toast and a chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting. SO good. The bread is quite thick but has a high quality 'bready' consistency. I would vote that the sourdough loaf is the best at the bakery. The cupcake is such a condensed sugar/carb infusion I ate it over 3 days. It was glorious and the fact that I can stop at this bakery on my way home at 7:30AM is just a formula for a bad habit. :) Love those.

No comments:

Post a Comment