Mmm, so my hairdresser who is a 7 year food allergy person, introduced the best thing of my life, cheese. Daiya cheese is pretty much the most amazing vegan cheese ever, only found at whole foods for $9 of course. I opened the bag and it smelled like cheese, not some soy crap. It's made with flours and oils and it's amazing. Mom and I whipped it up and I fed it to my family and even my sister didn't catch on. I'm so proud. We made chicken verde enchiladas. With everything on it (accept chilies because of the allergies)
I kind of made up the recipe after lightly perusing the net.
15-25 corn tortillas
2 bags of Daiya vegan cheese mmmmm!
1 bunch of cilantro
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1/2 can black beans
1/2 can corn
1.5-2 lb of tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
1 tsp cumin
Salt and Pepper
Iceberg lettuce, tomato, onion, garlic, etc.
1) Put the tomatillos in a pan, cover with water and bring to boil. Turn down heat and let simmer for 5 min. Drain and put into food processor agent. Pulse until it's goo.
2) Add 1/4c cilantro, salt, and about 1 cup of the boiled water
3) Put the cooked chicken, beans, and corn in a bowl and add cumin and whatever else you like.
4) Heat a pan with a little oil and heat up the tortillas until soft (not burnt).
5) Pour the processed sauce into another pan (or same) and let heat and simmer.
6) With tongs, dip the warm tortillas in the sauce on both sides. Carefully fill with chicken mixture, sprinkle with cheese and roll up in a 9x13ish dish. Repeat x 25.
7) Top with cheese and the leftover sauce (we ran out so I beefed up the recipe).
8) You could potentially eat it at this point, it's all warm. We put it in the oven at 350 for 20 min. to goo and melt the cheese.