Friday, August 13, 2010

GFCFEFSF Enchiladas! Again!

(Gluten free, casein free, egg free, soy free) So I made enchiladas again. Very tasty, I took them to Gram's for Friday night dinner. Here's the recipe. This time I added 3 gloves of garlic, one yellow onion, and one jalapeno. I think it could have twice as much of all those things and it would probably be safe to go up to 3 jalepenos depending on how much you're making. This round I made 3 big pans (48 enchiladas).

I baked all three pans, let one cool, and put it in individual servings and then in the freezer. We'll see how that goes. I had a hard time deciding if I should still bake it and I think that it will hold up better with freezing/thawing.

I will also say that the assembly line is challenging with one person. This time I warmed up all the tortillas and kept them in a tortilla warmer. Then I moved on to the dipping and filling. Tongs are a key ingredient here to prevent finger scalding and I never feel like there is enough sauce. I would use at least 1.5 cups of the water from the boiled tomatillos to spread the sauce out, maybe 2+cups. It gets chunky and I always want more.

Blended tomatillos and pureed cilantro/onion/garlic/jalep/tomatillo water (I don't have a big food processor).

The Verde sauce! mmm

The wondrous Daiya cheese

The assembly line!

The process...

Very delicious. I serve with chopped iceberg lettuce, tomato, avocado and I REALLY like the squirt of lime on top of it all.

2 comments:

  1. Looks so good. I think I might try to make me some enchiladas soon. Unless you wanna make them for me. :P

    How's the job hunt going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applied for 62 in California with no luck. Will be moving on to Colorado next.

    ReplyDelete