Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Help send Jackie to Africa!

I honestly don't know why I am writing this because the last thing I want to do right now is send my best friend to the other side of the world. But, it's HER dream and it's HER turn to get out of here and live it up; doing what she wants to be doing. Awesome.

Jackie is raising funds to pay for an internship she applied for and got into, in Kenya. It's for 13 months and she'll be over there working on SUSTAINABLE development-meaning, she not one of those lame-o's that goes over and builds a well and says whup-dee-doo and then leaves and it's not maintained and people are still starving etc. She's gonna do stuff that the people actually need and could use. I'm pretty much butchering her story so I encourage you to look at her blog. Rachel helped her make it and it's pretty awesome. If you are up for any financial contribution that would be awesome as the trip is an exorbitant amount of money but, encouraging comments are ALWAYS helpful. Check it out:
Jackie's awesome blog

No comments:

Post a Comment