Monday, February 22, 2010

Dinner!

Brussel Sprouts and Chicken
Who hates brussel sprouts?-Smother them in butter, sugar and bacon and you'll be fine.

Brussel Sprouts:
-Steamed brussel sprouts-in 1 inch boiling water for 15 min-I like 'em mushy. Strain. Set aside.
-Heat up 2 Tbs of butter and 2 tsp of white sugar. Then add 2-4 Tbs apple cider vinegar (I didn't measure anything).
-Add brussel sprouts and sliced mushrooms, let them sizzle and fry
-Add bacon bits, then spoon out into a bowl
-I threw the chicken in the pan to sizzle in the leftover juices
Chow down

Gluten Free Cornbread

Marie got me this-Bob's Red Mill. It's delicious. I faked a half-batch to make sure I didn't screw up and waste the whole thing. It said to cook it in a 9x9 for 25 min. at 375. I cooked it in a bread pan for probably 30 min. We'll see how it is cold or toasted tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I don't think I've ever tried brussel sprouts. Looks yummy tho!

    ReplyDelete