Saturday, February 26, 2011

Breaking in the new place

This was my 'breakfast' either before or after a 12 hour night shift this week. BLT.



Thursday I had a day off. Matt and I cooked up a storm to break in the new kitchen. I started it out with a bruschetta:
4 slices from a sour dough loaf from New Cascadia Traditional Gluten Free Bakery
4 swipes of Earth Balance buttery spread
4 pieces of proscuitto
Chopped tomato
Chopped fresh basil
Salt and Pepper



We continued the cooking adventure to make Shrimp and Artichoke Heart Alfredo: Divine.



Alfredo:
Quinoa Pasta cooked al dente
Cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
One box of frozen artichoke hearts
Garlic cloves, minced
Almond and cashew Mimic cream*
Daiya mozzarella cheese
Salt and Pepper



So almonds are on my allergy list. However, via my hair dresser who has been living with similar allergies for 7 years, it may be the case that I am only allergic to the husks. The husks don't follow almonds into the milk/cream. I didn't die from it so we must be good to go. Yay!

This will definitely be happening again. Soon!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! You and Matt and James and I should all go out for drinks some time soon :)

    ReplyDelete