Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New kitchen cooking!

Things have been painfully busy but loads of good cooking are on the way. I also have pictures of the apartment on my camera that is temporarily in an unknown location. I used my computer cam to capture something thrown together for a breakfast with a spinach craving.



Sourdough fried in a cast iron pan
Red/black quinoa polenta fried up
Chopped leftover meatballs thrown in
A hefty handful of spinach
And a good cup o' English Breakfast Tea

I picked up a loaf of sourdough from the New Cascadia Traditional Bakery at SE 6th and Market (much closer to me now-near Goodwill). It is an dedicated gluten free bakery with vegan options. I also picked up a GF vegan pizza with kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, and peppers on it. I ate it as I ran errands all afternoon. It was the fastest food I've had in a while, they had it ready and just warmed it up. I may have also picked up a cupcake, my oven is still out of service and I had wanted to bake last night. This cupcake was glorious, the most concentrated sugar I've had in months. It pretty much gave me a sugar migraine. So worth it. I forsee myself making more regular visits to New Cascadia.

No comments:

Post a Comment