Thursday, April 15, 2010

So I've had it up to here -

I'm sick of this allergy crap and am ready to eat good food again. I've been getting pretty upset lately especially with getting sick after every time I eat out. So after pulling my hair out and eating some more damn tacos I decided to spend some money on good food. Jordan has been eating big, gooey, crusty, cheesy pizza lately so I decided to through it in his face (not really). I cooked up this sucker and have been living off of it for a 3 meals now. I guess that means it wasn't bad. It's hard to go wrong with all the good stuff on it but, it really was rather tasty.



Recipe
I used pizza dough mix from 'Gluten Free Pantry' that was quite good. I let it rise forever and used flax meal for egg. It was pretty gooey and pretty hard once it cooled but, still had a good taste. I broke mine into two parts and saved one for later. I wonder if it would be good thick-crust style?

I spread on a sun-dried tomato pesto that I got at Trader Joe's. I later looked at the label and saw it has parmesan in it but, I just tried to put that out of my mind. Then I used some leftover jimmy dean breakfast sausage which I browned in a skillet and put on top. And topped it off with the feta and kalamata olives.

The fake feta was surprisingly good. I would want to try it again after lettingit sit for a while, I waited barely an hour. It doesn't melt or anything but has a cheese-like texture and taste. It was satisfying. Here's that recipe which, I'll be saving in the box.

Vegan Feta Cheese
Ingredients
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/4 cup water
-1/2 cup red wine vinegar
-2 tsp salt
-1 Tbs dried basil
-1/2 tsp dried oregano
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1 lb firm tofu, herb flavored, cubed or crumbled
Directions
-Place everything but the tofu in the bowl and whisk together
-Add tofu, and let sit for at least an hour, maybe refrigerate over night
(sorrys, I found this on the internet somewhere and combined it with some others-no source)



2 comments: