Everywhere I go I see risotto on the menu. The cheesy, white wine, rice concoction I just had to make it! I picked up this package of Vigo arborio rice at Freddies and went for it!
I couldn't wait to break out my new spices: smoked Spanish paprika and saffron.
I pretty much used the recipe on the back of rice bag which turned out fine and added my own extras.
-2 cups chicken broth
-2 TBS butter
-3 TBS onion
-1 cup Arborio Rice
-1/3 cup dry white wine
-1 pinch saffron
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup grated cheese, parmesan or whatever you got :)
-1 tilapia filet
1. Heat the broth in the microwave.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add onion until it's transparent.
3. Stir rice into the butter and add wine and saffron. Stir until wine is absorbed.
4. Add enough broth just to cover the rice and continually stir it in. Continue this with just a bit of broth each time. You may need to add water too.
5. Rice is done when it is tender yet firm, about 20 minutes.
6. On the side I prepared some chopped zucchini and flaked tilapia fillet in some butter on low and added it at this time.
7. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Salt to taste. Creamy, moist, and delicious!
Thanks for the perfect pan mom!
Yum yum yum!