Monday, January 10, 2011

What to do with 2011

My New Year’s Proposition


-Fitness: Let’s get this over with. Since January 2010, I lost 10 lbs and 1.5 inches. I’m pretty proud. With all the crap that went down, that sounds just fine to me. My new plan is to loose a full 5 lbs by my birthday.

Routine now (since July 2010): Run 15-20 miles a week + push-ups and sit-ups.

New routine: Trade/add 1-2 weight-bearing routines and SWIM!

I had no choice but to swim for cardio after my motorcycle accident. It’s so hard! I really like the challenge, despite my fear of drowning, and would like to get back to it-even just once a week/two.


-Allergy-Free: I was going to attempt a food challenge of trying out allergy foods to see if I react to them but, I’m not ready. It took me a year to figure out how to eat allergy-free so perhaps this year I could accomplish some intestinal healing and not have a stomachache for more than half the year.


-Keep on a’cookin! I had a great time trying out new foods this year. Some other cuisines I want to attempt are: Indian, Moroccan, and Thai. These dishes already use less dairy, wheat, and egg than your average American dish. And of course I want to continue my baking attempts and love of Spanish food.


-Crafting: Try something new! Perhaps knitting, decoupage, or the dreaded watercolor.


-Blogging: Keep on a’posting! And it’s time for a re-design.


-Reading: College seemed to bite my leisure reading in the butt. I read TIME magazine this year and allergy-free blogs. So I hope to start up real ‘book’ reading again-even though all I want to read is cookbooks, perhaps I need to find some food narratives beyond Under the Tuscan Sun. :)


-Buying a car. Yes, it’s time to break down and buy something a bit more reasonable-something that can carry crap, maybe a passenger or two and drive in the snow. I AM keeping the motorcycle and I can’t wait for better weather!


That's quite a start for me and sounds like an awesome year. Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. I am holding you to all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good plans! You let me know how it goes...I have my own goals and such but I have the hardest time motivating myself :(
    Also, I watched a documentary called Food Matters - SO GOOD!! You should watch it, it'll inspire you. Google it...
    Love you lots!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plans for this year look great! I did the Jillian Michael workout yesterday and today I am SO SORE! You'll have to come over and do it with me this week.

    Also, we should meet up to work on your blog redesign soon :)

    luv u

    ReplyDelete