Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mmmm cookin'

Quinoa and Black Bean Salad from my The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook by Segersten and Malterre

I made a 1/2 batch of this:
2 c quinoa
3.5 cups water
pinch of salt
1 cup chopped cilantro
5 chopped green onions
2 cups cooked black beans
(I didn't have any but also:
1 small jalepeno, seeded and diced
1 small red pepper, diced)
Dressing:
1/4 cup EVOO
1/2 cup lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1.5 tsp salt
1. Rinse quinoa, strain, and put in pot with salt and water. Bring to boil, lower heat, cover and let simmer for 20 min. Remove from heat, place in another bowl and let cool.
2. Combine dressing ingredients, cilantro and green onion and whisk. Combine with qunioa, (peppers) and black beans (cooked and strained) and toss well.
3. Chow down. I let mine cool but still like it warm.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've so been wanting make a quinoa dish. This might be the exact one I've made before. I remember black beans and cilantro. So good! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost made this tonight. It's on my to-do list. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete